Looking for things things to do on Valentine’s Day in L.A. for 2017? We’ve got a staff-curated rundown of some of our top picks, all broken out into three quick sections.
First up, if you’re looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day on the weekend before the actual holiday, we have a quick list of events to check out. Second, a list of fun activities on Valentine’s Day proper. Third, a few Valentine’s Day special dining and drinking options for your consideration.
There has to be something in the mix that’s to your liking… right?!?!
Hope so 😉
Pre-Valentine’s Day Events
1. On Friday, Feb. 10 the folks at Quiet Clubbing are putting on a psychedelic pre-Valentine’s Day Art & Silent Disco Party.
2. Take your pants off (literally) and run around for charity at the Cupid’s Undie Run coming to Santa Monica on Feb. 11.
3. Angel City Brewery’s Anti-V-Day Bash, Broken Hearts Circus, takes place on Sunday, Feb. 12.
4. Celebrate Valentine’s Month With Speed Dating at The Bunker Experience. Next edition is Friday, Feb. 10.
5. Mortified has created a ‘Doomed Comedic Valentine’s Show’ taking place at The Wanderlust in Hollywood on Feb. 11.
Valentine’s Day Events
6. Cinespia is screening The Notebook at the Los Angeles Theatre in Downtown L.A. on February 14th to ring in Valentine’s Day with your favorite tear-jerker.
7. Disney’s Lady and the Tramp screens at El Capitan Theatre on Valentine’s Day.
8. There’s a Rolling Hearts: Pop-Up Roller Rink & Disco at Union Night Club.
9. Tango in the Train Station at Union Station will feature free dancing lessons, a live orchestra & dance performances.
10. Put a little magic into your V-Day date by going to the Most Magical Valentine’s Day Anywhere at Magicopolis. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. DIY V-Day at Ace Hotel Upstairs features a make-your-own ice cream station, make-your-own corsage activities and live DJ sets.
12. To Whom it May Chocolates, a partner based workshop and cannabis chocolate tasting at the Moved LA HQ in Frogtown.
13. Creepy Romance IV Release Party at Lock & Key.
14. MiniBar is hosting a Big Gay Valentine’s Party featuring $1 per minute VIP backrubs and shoulder massages from a drag queen or drag king plus drink specials that include rose petal-inspired gin tonics and cocoa-kissed champagne cocktails.
15. Frankin & Co. is doing free movie nights every Tuesday in February, including a Feb. 14 screening of Bonnie & Clyde. In addition the flick, guests are encouraged to bring a photo of an ex to cut up or shred at the bar for happy hour pricing on drinks and discounted shots.
Valentine’s Day Dining Options
16. Tell It To My Heart: Valentine’s Day Dinner on The Queen Mary includes a romantic meal, sultry burlesque show, and a live performance by pop icon Taylor Dayne. Starts at $159.
18. The Tuck Room Tavern is offering an aphrodisiac dining experience is priced at $75/person.
19. There’s a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner for $48 per person at Hyperion Public. Entree options include baked fettuccine topped with a red wine tomato sauce or a braised veal shank. Contact the restaurant for full menu options and to make a reservation.
21. Tiki No is putting on a Singles Night to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Food and drink options for the event will include a chocolate fountain, food by The Grilled Cheese Truck, cocktails like the Bayou Rum Cocktail and My Bloody Valentine, and a $7 Ladies Drink.
22. Hinoki & the Bird is offering an $89 prix fixe menu with highlights including Lobster Dumplings, Romanesco Tempura, Black Cod, and Red Velvet Cheesecake.