A monsoon-like weather event is sweeping through SoCal this weekend, and Saturday’s forecast now includes a chance of scattered thunderstorms. With that in mind, keep an eye out for any last-minute event cancellations due to the rain. That said…
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (October 15) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Have a good one, and stay dry out there!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Beyond The Streets Print Bazaar -> This Saturday, graffiti and street art exhibitor Beyond the Streets hosts an inaugural Print Bazaar at their new flagship location on La Brea Ave. From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m, guests can explore a curated art market featuring over two dozen artists/vendors, plus pop-up food options. Admission is free. Get more info here.
Taste of Soul -> The 17th annual Taste of Soul brings an all-day street festival to Crenshaw Blvd this Saturday. Expect 4 stages of musical entertainment plus over 300 of local vendors, food options, and exhibitors. Free to attend. Runs 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Get more info here.
FIGat7th Oktoberfest -> This Friday and Saturday, DTLA shopping center FIGat7th celebrates Oktoberfest with a two-day event packed full of danceable DJ sets, traditional brats, and a beer garden featuring brews from Smog City, Crown & Hops, Enegren, Stone Brewing, Common Space Brewing, and Benny Boy Brewing. Entry is to the event is free. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Getty celebrates Indigenous Peoples’ Day with a hands-on workshop, curator-led tours, and a special spoken word performance, all presented in conjunction with the exhibition Reinventing the Américas: Construct. Erase. Repeat.
- The two-day Beverly Hills Art Show comes to Beverly Gardens Park this Saturday and Sunday with over 200 artists expected to participate.
- This Saturday at Skylight ROW DTLA, the West Coast Craft Market brings over 175 creative artists and craftspeople together for a special one-day shopping event.
- Saturday and Sunday, Oktoberfest returns to Santa Anita Park for afternoons of Bavarian beer tastings, steins, live music, and dancing.
- Tomorrow with Ron Lynch is The Elysian Theater’s weekly midnight variety show featuring a rotating cast of comedians and special performers. Tickets are $10.
- Santa Monica’s Aero Theatre hosts a free (with RSVP) tribute to Ray Liotta, which will an episode screening of Apple TV’s Blackbird plus a showing of Goodfellas. Starts at 5 p.m.
- Secret Movie Club hosts a double-feature + Q&A event today, with a screening of the 1931 Frankenstein to be followed by the 2022 documentary Mike Mignola: Drawing Monsters.
BONUS: Dine L.A. runs from Oct 14-28, and while there are dozens of deals to choose from, We Like L.A. co-founder Christina Champlin has a rundown of the top ten on her radar.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!