Is an October heatwave enough to sideline you for this Saturday? If not, we’ve got a few ideas to get you in the game.
Today in Los Angeles, you’ll find a new art exhibition celebrating Metro’s K Line, Indigenous Peoples’ Day at The Getty, new exhibitions at Torrance Art Museum, the Muertos Artwalk on Olvera Street, Carved at Descanso Gardens, and more. Full list starts below!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
HERE: Arts & Culture Along the K -> October 8 marks the one-year anniversary of Metro’s K Line, and to celebrate the transit agency is teaming up with the Museum of African American Art to host a multimedia art exhibition at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza showcasing the Metro Art K Line art program, and works from over a dozen contributing artists. HERE: Arts & Culture Along the K kicks off with an opening reception this Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m., and then will remain open through December 30. Open hours are Wednesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the K Line to Martin Luther King Jr. station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Fall Openings at TAM – FA TP > This Saturday The Torrance Art Museum hosts an opening reception for its two fall art exhibitions, which include an exploration of Latin identity and culture in SUR biennial: MALA MUERTE / bad death, plus large-scale ceramic work by artist Tony Baker for In Case of Emergency. Both exhibitions will run through December 2. TAM is always free to visit. More info here.
Indigenous Peoples’ Day at The Getty – FA > On Saturday, The Getty celebrates Indigenous Peoples’ Day with a special activations, hands-on workshops, and musical performances. Runs noon to 4 p.m. An advance reservation (free) is required. More info here.
Muertos Artwalk – M FA > Discover local artists and Olvera Street merchants this Saturday during Muertos Artwalk. The hand-curated event features a number of vendors offering unique artwork, jewelry, accessories, clothing, face painting, and more. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Oddities Flea Market takes over the Globe Theatre this Saturday and Sunday for off-beat shopping on three floors full of one-of-a-kind curiosities from over 70 vendors.
- This Saturday, Love Isn’t Blind brings its unique, live dating show/experiment to The Pico.
- The annual Tom of Finland Art & Culture Festival returns this Saturday and Sunday.
- The 11th anniversary of Beyond Fest offers a bold lineup of films screened across 3 Los Angeles locations: Aero Theatre, NEON Theatre at Los Feliz 3 and The Regency Westwood.
- Descanso Gardens’ family-friendly Carved is back this weekend with a pumpkin wonderland featuring a new route, hundreds of carved pumpkins and kid-friendly activities.
- This Friday to Sunday, take a drive up the coast to visit the 37th Annual California Avocado Festival in Carpinteria. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!