Okay… so about that rain. Right now it’s looking like cloudy all Saturday with the occasional shower interjecting along the way. Is it enough to keep you at home? We’ll see.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (March 11) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Have fun!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Free Family Art Day at Weisman Museum -> Pepperdine University’s Weisman Museum (always free admission) hosts a Free Family Art Day this Saturday featuring a day of nature walks, crafting, tours, and readings all built around the museum’s To Bough and To Bend exhibition. Programming runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get more info here.
Black History Month Festival on 3rd Street Promenade -> After a rain delay postponement in February, Downtown Santa Monica in partnership with Santa Monica Black Lives Association celebrates Black History Month this Saturday with an afternoon event featuring live music, educational exhibits, and local vendors. Free to attend. Runs 4 to 10 p.m. Be sure check back to the Eventbrite page for updates on any schedule changes due to inclement weather. More info here.
KCHUNG at MOCA Geffen -> As part of KCHUNG Radio’s residency at MOCA, the free form radio station hosts an afternoon of sonic sculptures, interactive installations, and durational performances from local artists, all taking place at MOCA’s Geffen Contemporary campus. Runs 1 to 5 p.m. this Saturday. Admission is free. More info here.
NOTE: If the precipitation does pick up, make sure you check out our full guide of things to do in L.A. when it rains.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. Get $50 tix to L.A. Beer Fest, $30 tix to Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo at Microsoft Theater, or $25 tix to MARIACHI USA Festival at the Hollywood Bowl.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The City of Hermosa Beach celebrates St. Patrick’s Day a few days early with a parade along Pier Ave on Saturday. In conjunction with the parade, there will be special activities set up at the Hermosa Beach Pier including a photo booth and live music.
- The first-ever PopShift HOLI presented by TOYOTA will bring the Festival of Colors to Downtown Los Angeles this Saturday.
- Creative Communal Artisan Market is back at Runway Playa Vista this Saturday with live music and over 40 vendors selling jewelry, apparel, leather goods, dog goods and more
- Corey Helford Gallery hosts an opening reception for two new exhibitions, including Secret Longings, curated by Beautiful Bizarre Magazine.
- Cartoon Club brings a a feature-length assemblage of classic animated shorts to the New Beverly Cinema.
- Story Pirates bring an afternoon of kid-friendly songs and comedy sketches to Saban Theatre, with proceeds from the event to benefit Story Pirates Changemakers, a non-profit that provides Story Pirates programming to under-resourced kids and families.
- The Butterfly Pavilion is now back at Natural History Museum through August 13.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!