Still a little groggy from that lost hour of sleep? All good. We’ve got some inspiring to-dos to get you moving this Sunday, including some free coffee to start your day.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (March 12) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Festival of the Kite -> The 49th Festival of the Kite brings a colorful day of activations to the Redondo Beach Pier this Sunday, including contests with category-specific kite flying prizes, DJ’d tunes, live music, and even a hot dog eating contest. Runs noon to 5 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Free Coffee Bean -> The 9th annual Wescom Kindness initiative grant you free coffee and goodies from select Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf locations spread throughout SoCal for this Sunday, March 12. $15 per transaction will be gifted until funds are exhausted. Check the link above for the full list of participating locations.
Festival de la Primavera at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes -> This Sunday’s family-friendly festival at LA Plaza celebrates the vibrancy of the state of Oaxaca through music, traditional dances, gastronomy, and crafts. Co-organized by the Regional Organization of Oaxaca (ORO) the festival commemorates the most prominent Mexican president of the 19th century, Don Benito Juarez Garcia’s birthday and the first week of Spring. Free to attend. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. Get $50 tix to L.A. Beer Fest, $30 tix to Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo at Microsoft Theater, or $25 tix to MARIACHI USA Festival at the Hollywood Bowl.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- USC Pacific Asia Museum’s free second Sunday offers a day of workshops and storytelling to celebrate Women’s History Month, with a focus on Asian and Asian American artists.
- This Sunday, the Museum of Latin American Art hosts a pop-up shop and artist talk with Yolanda González to celebrate International Women’s Day, from 2 to 5 p.m
- This Sunday, The Fowler Museum hosts an offsite wellness workshop at Sovern LA featuring a guided meditation led by Sepideh Hakimzadeh, followed by a dialogue circle and a sound bath.
- Tapizon in El Segundo is hosting an Oscars viewing party this Sunday with a red carpet happy hour from 3 to 5 p.m., a special tapas menu, Oscar ballots, prizes, and much more.
- The Rose Bowl Flea Market brings an estimated 2,500 vendors and some 20,000 attendees to the grounds of Pasadena’s Rose Bowl every second Sunday of the month.
- The Academy Museum is hosting an Oscars Viewing Party featured catered food and access to the museum galleries.
- The Butterfly Pavilion is now back at Natural History Museum through August 13.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!