Let’s get your Saturday squared away, shall we?
Here’s how we break it down below: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Hope it helps, and hope you enjoy your day in Los Angeles.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Every Wednesday we map out a guide to the best free things to do for the weekend taking L.A. Metro. For this Saturday, we recommend Beach Streets in Long Beach, which is anchored around a 2.5 mile stretch of Broadway closed to vehicular traffic from Pine Ave to Redondo Ave. Expect multiple hubs offering DJ sets, skate demos, live music, marionette performances, a Kids Zone, and more. PLUS: Beach Street intersects with the LB Proud! Fest at Bixby Park (just off Broadway) which includes 3 stages of music, a queer bicycle parade, and beer garden. Beach Streets runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Proud! Fest goes from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Both are free to attend. More info here.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
It’s a Coop Party at Manuela! – FA > Meet the new baby chicks of The Hungry Gardens at Manuela this Saturday, with an assist from nonprofit RuckusRoots and visual artist Jamia Weir. The Coop Party will include family-friendly chicken-focused activities, an interactive art installation, a chance to hold baby chicks and participate in the chicken naming raffle. Runs 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Heal Hear Here – M FA > Los Angeles nonprofit L.A. Freewaves have organized a special healing event at L.A. State Historic Park for this Saturday featuring performances, an ancestral walking tour, a labyrinth with listening, dancing, drumming circles, meditation sessions, poetry readings, a community sculpture, tea serving, bike rides, and workshops from 30+ artist groups/organizations. Runs 3 to 7 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Cosmic Kiki Launch Party + Drag Show at Common Space -> Stop by Common Space brewery in Hawthorne this Saturday for a hoppy extravaganza in celebration of the Cosmic Kiki beer release. Hosted by Queen Vidja D. Gaymez, the party includes a drag show, disco dance party and plenty of beer on tap. Tickets cost $20 and secures access to the show and party, a beer and $10 donation to PFlag. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Natural History Museum’s Bug Fair presents a weekend-long event highlighting exotic insect collections, bug-inspired artwork and jewelry, bug-tastic crafts, live animal demos, and bug-related products such as honey and silk. M
- This Saturday and Sunday, over 300 artists are expected to participate in the Beverly Hills Art Show. FA
- This Saturday, a family-friendly fitness expo pops up at Concert Park in Playa Vista featuring group exercise classes, demos, games, contests, giveaways, and more. FA
- Bidstitch Flea Market returns this Saturday with another stellar lineup of vintage sellers highlighting their goods in the heart of Old Town Pasadena. M FA
- Electrify Expo hits the Long Beach Convention Center with a showcase of the latest in the world of electric vehicles, offering guests test drives on demo courses, special exhibits, a lineup of experts to chat with, and even a kids zone. M
- Cruel World Festival returns to Brookside Park in Pasadena with headliners Iggy Pop, and Siouxsie with a supporting lineup that includes Billy Idol, Love and Rockets, Echo & the Bunnymen, Gary Numan and more.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!