Well, here we are. It’s Saturday and you’re looking to add a little spice to your L.A. to-do list. Let’s get to it.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (May 28) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Whatever you decide on, hope you have a good one!
Things To Do For Saturday
Fiesta Hermosa -> Memorial Day weekend in Hermosa Beach means one thing: Fiesta Hermosa! This May’s three-day festival (Saturday to Monday) features a marketplace with over 250 vendors, and three areas for live music including the main stage right on the beach. Admission is free. More info here.
Stair Walk -> Earlier this week, a mural on the Micheltorena Stairs in Silver Laker was fully restored to its colorful, heart-filled glory after being vandalized and whitewashed last month. The stair set (pictured at the top of this post) might be the most Instagrammed in all of Los Angeles, and is sure to draw big crowds again now that it’s in pristine condition. If you want to check the mural out, but also see more stairways in that area, peep this 2-mile Music Box Loop walk that’s part of our L.A. on Foot series.
Angel City 10-Year Anniversary -> Angel City Brewery celebrates ten years at their Arts District location with a free festival this Saturday featuring live performances, a mini makers market curated by The Makeshift Muse, and plenty of special brews on tap. Free to attend. Runs 1 to 7 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- As AAPI month comes to a close, SteepLA, dōmi and hanchic.la will come together for a collaboration dinner this Saturday at Steep LA in Chinatown. The evening organized by AAPI LA with the help of A-Sha Foods will highlight a variety of Asian flavors from savory dishes to desserts and even tea infused cocktails.
- To cap off this week’s Africon, an Afro Music Festival headlined by Jidenna comes to the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Mall.
- Street Food Cinema has a pair of screenings scheduled for today. Ten Things I Hate About You pops up at Will Rogers Park, while Jurassic Park will screen at The Autry.
- Two new exhibitions just opened at The Broad recently, including Takashi Murakami’s first-ever solo show at the museum.
- The Fairmont Miramar brings back their Poolside Cinema Series tonight with a screening of The Goonies.
- Today and tomorrow, the 47th annual Topanga Days festival fundraiser is back with a packed lineup of games, food and live music. Runs 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- L.A. Fleet Week continues on the waterfront in San Pedro with a day o live entertainment, ship tours, aerial demos, a veteran’s village, and more.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!