POV: It’s Saturday in Los Angeles and you need a few suggestions on how to spend your day. Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s how we break it down below: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, enjoy your day!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Every Wednesday we map out a guide to the best free things to do for the weekend taking L.A. Metro. For this Saturday, check out the SaMo Pride Festival, which will offer family-friendly festivities stretching from the Third Street Promenade to the Santa Monica Pier. Expect a mix of live musical performances, PRIDE-related treats, giveaways, and games, along with a “Colors of Pride” photo booth activation. Free to attend. Runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. More info here.
GO METRO: Take the E Line to Downtown Santa Monica station
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Grand Performances – M FA > The signature summer concert series at DTLA’s California Plaza kicks off this Saturday with a danceable mix of cumbia, salsa, and Latin funk. Mexican Fusion band Son Rompe Pera headlines, with La Verdad and La Papaya Club to support. Sets start at 6 p.m. Free (as always) to attend. More info here.
LA River Sessions -> On Saturday River Sessions will host a guided walk that explores the rich history, art, culture, and communities along the 51 mile river. For June they’re holding a grounding and talk with Tongva Culture Bearer, Tina Calderon, visits to local artist studios, and a hands-on textile workshop with chincanx artist, Tanya Aguiñiga. Non-profit LA-Más will welcome guests along the river path to a nearby park for a picnic featuring food and drinks from Mercadito, a mutual aid community service group. Tickets start at $29. More info here.
Downtown Burbank Arts Festival – FA TP > A huge vendor marketplace curated by Jackalope Arts takes over Downtown Burbank Saturday and Sunday featuring 180+ indie sellers on hand offering curated goods include original fashion and jewelry design, paper goods, innovative home decor and housewares, art, photography, food, and more. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- One Colorado in Old Pasadena is cruising into June with a free Summer Sounds series every Saturday in June. M FA
- The 34th Annual MARIACHI USA Festival takes over The Hollywood Bowl on Saturday with the best mariachi bands from Mexico and the U.S. plus a dazzling fireworks show.
- The Music Center’s Digital Innovation Initiative presents Cosmogony, a mind-altering digital dance performance broadcasted from Geneva, straight to the screens of Jerry Moss Plaza in Downtown Los Angeles. M FA
- This Saturday the 27th Annual Gilmore Heritage Auto Show comes to the Original Farmers Market. FA
- On Saturday, Cinespia comes to The Greek Theater for a screening of The Lost Boys.
- This Saturday Lincoln Heights’ own Altura LA Gallery will host a day of delicious fun at Santa Anita Park that include music to mouthwatering seafood vendors curated by Smorgasburg. Starter packs for the event range from $35 to $55
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!