A pride parade, an arts festival, a flea market or free jazz. Those are just some of your options for this Sunday in Los Angeles.
Per usual, here’s how we break it down below: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Hope you make it a good one!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Every Wednesday we map out a guide to the best free things to do for the weekend taking L.A. Metro. For this Sunday, the Museum of Contemporary Art’s Grand Ave location is hosting an all-ages afternoon of artistic exploration and art marking with an assist from MOCA classroom partnership students and artist-educators. Family Day activities run from 1 to 4 p.m. Admission to the museum (as always!) is free. More info here.
GO METRO: Take the B or D Lines to Grand Park / Civic Center station
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
WeHo Pride Parade – FA > On Sunday, WeHo Pride’s three-day weekend of celebration culminates in a festive parade taking place along Santa Monica Boulevard from N. Crescent Heights Blvd. to N. Robertson Blvd. Expect liver performers, music, floats, displays, and more. Starts at noon. Free to attend. More info here.
Coming Out West: LGBTQ+ Elders Share Their Stories – M > The Santa Monica History Museum’s new exhibition Coming Out West: LGBTQ+ Elders Share Their Stories features oral histories, images, art, and ephemera from local LGBTQ+ elders with ties to the city. The museum offers free admission on the first Sunday of every month. More info here.
Downtown Burbank Arts Festival – FA > A huge vendor marketplace curated by Jackalope Arts takes over Downtown Burbank Saturday and Sunday featuring 180+ indie sellers on hand offering curated goods include original fashion and jewelry design, paper goods, innovative home decor and housewares, art, photography, food, and more. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- LAWineFest returns to Long Beach this Saturday and Sunday with a day of tastings from wineries and breweries.
- Join the Aquarium of The Pacific in Long Beach for its twentieth annual Pacific Island Festival. M
- The three-day Re:SET L.A. music festival at Brookside Park wraps up on Sunday.
- On Sunday, the Hammer Museum will screen The Mermaid as part of the UCLA Film & Television Archive screening series Archive Talks. FA
- Whittier’s Uptown Village Flea Market features over 120 vendors offering vintage clothing, art, home decor, handmade jewelry, crafts, shoes, and more. Starts at 10 a.m. FA
- Playhouse Village in Pasadena hosts free Jazz in the Park concerts every Sunday in June and July. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!