As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Post Rose Parade Float Showcase (Saturday)
2. [$8.50] Batmobile Designer George Barris: Double-Screening Tribute at Egyptian Theatre (Sunday*)
3. [$2.00] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market (Sunday)
4. [FREE] First Fridays at Venice on Abbott Kinney (Friday)
5. [FREE] Japanese American National Museum’s annual Oshogatsu Family Festival (Sunday)
6. [FREE] Holiday Lights at The Getty (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Drawing from the Masters at The Getty Center (Sunday)
8. [FREE] Second City Hollywood Comedy Open House (Sunday)
9. [FREE] ASSSSCAT at UCB Sunset (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Free day at the Museum of Latin American Art (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend not under $10 but still worth knowing about:
- Cut Copy DJs at The Regent Theater. (Friday)
- Winterfest OC (Friday-Sunday)
- Dane Cook, Iliza Shlesinger (Last Comic Standing) & Special Guests at The Comedy Store (Saturday*)
- The Amazing Los Angele Race II (Sunday*)
- Yoga Expo (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.