As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this (holiday) weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$4.75] Discount admission to the stARTup Art Fair at the Highland Gardens Hotel. SATURDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [FREE] David Bowie: Among the Mexican Masters Opening Day at Forest Lawn Museum. The exhibit will be open through June 15. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] MORE ART HERE: Open Studios at Santa Monica Art Studios. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] 3rd annual San Gabriel Lunar New Year Festival. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Frank Bros.: The Store That Modernized Modern exhibit focuses on the iconic Long Beach store that epitomized the optimistic ethos of cool MCM design and California modernism. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Night on Broadway, a massive street festival and celebration in DTLA. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Winter Star Party at Paramount Ranch. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] SoCal Museum Free-For-All Day. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Chinese New Year Festival in Monterey Park. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Attention outdoor adventurers! Head to the Last Bookstore this Sunday for an informative discussion with Modern Hiker founder Casey Schreiner as he talks about his new book Day Hiking: Los Angeles. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The GIRLSCHOOL Women-Led Music Festival is Coming to the Bootleg Theater. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- The Inaugural Classic Auto Show Comes to the LA Convention Center. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck is having a pop-up at the Del Amo Fashion Center. SATURDAY
- L.A. Beer & Food Festival. SATURDAY
- Sunshine Millions: California Wine Fest & Horse Racing. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.