As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (January 29, 2016 to January 31, 2016) in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] GIRLSCHOOL, a weekend-long music and arts collective. A day-pass for either Saturday or Sunday can be had for $10.
2. [$10.00] Last Sunday Open Day at Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden in Pasadena (Sunday)
3. [$10.00] Picture This! at The Downtown Independent as part of RIOT LA
4. [$9.50 ] The Completely Different Late Show at The Groundlings Theater (Friday*)
5. [$1.00] The Artsy Flea Market (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Opening night for Meet Cute at Gallery 1988 East (Friday)
7. [FREE] Free play Saturdays at Royce’s Arcade Warehouse (Saturday)
8. [FREE] SoCal’s museum free-for-all day (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Night on Broadway (Saturday)
10. [FREE] Elixir The Show at the Federal Bar in NoHo (Saturday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The LA Art Show (Friday-Sunday)
- RIOT LA alt-comedy fest (Friday-Sunday)
- The Unauthorized Musical Parody of The Devil Wears Prada (Friday-Sunday*)
- CoffeeCon LA (Saturday)
- Sunshine Millions Wine Fest at Santa Anita (Saturday*)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.