Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-dos includes the Brewery ArtWalk, the Taste of Soul L.A., the Beverly Hills artSHOW, and more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Eat|See|Hear returns with Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night below the stars every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from September 29 through October 27. The fall film series will also feature music, drinks, and bites before each screening. This week they’ll screen Beauty & the Beast. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] The 5th annual G2 Green Earth Film Festival heads to Loyola Marymount University for three days of eco-conscious films. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
3. [FREE] Sunland-Tunjunga Open Studios happening October 21-22, is a free guided weekend tour of local art studios and creative venues from over 40 artists in 17 different locations in the San Fernando Valley. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] The Taste of Soul L.A. brings a massive annual street festival to Crenshaw Blvd. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The free Beverly Hills artSHOW happening on October 21-22 will showcase over 245 artists ranging from pantings and sculptures to ceramics and jewelry on display across four blocks. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
6. [FREE] The Brewery ArtWalk returns for its fall edition on October 21-22 with works from over 100 participating resident artists in mediums including video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more. Entry and parking are free. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
7 [FREE] 13th Annual Open Studios in Santa Monica. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
8. [FREE] The 5th annual FandangObon festival returns to Little Tokyo’s Japanese American Cultural & Community Center (JACCC) on October 21-22. Get ready for a multicultural experience featuring live music, dance performances, art, food, a farmers’ market, environmental workshops, and more. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] P-22 Day Festival returns to Griffith Park for a day long celebration of the beloved mountain lion. The festival will have a photo booth, a VR experience, nature hikes with park rangers, live music, food and much more. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] 2nd Annual A.G. Geiger Art Book Fair. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Third Annual Burbank Beer Festival & Street Fair. SATURDAY
- Night of 1.000 Devils, an “immersive horror soiree.” SATURDAY
- The Skirball Family Sleepover aboard Noah’s Ark will take place this Saturday. Dinner and access to all fall exhibits are included in your ticket. SATURDAY
- Oktoberfest DTLA returns to Pershing Square on October 21-22. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Eastside Food Festival at Mack Sennet Studios. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.