You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 20, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear returns with Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night below the stars every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from September 29 through October 27. The fall film series will also feature music, drinks, and bites before each screening. This week they’ll screen Beauty & the Beast. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of over 200 vendors, 20 gourmet food trucks, a beer garden, custom handmade treasures and live local bands.
3. [7 p.m.] BlueCollar Working Dog will host a HELLHOUNDS PACK WALK around the Echo Park Lake this Friday. The evening walk will include goodie bags, a piñata filled with dog treats, human snacks, contests and prizes.
4. [7 p.m] The 5th annual G2 Green Earth Film Festival heads to Loyola Marymount University for three days of eco-conscious films. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 46th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. Haunt kicks off this Satruday and will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the month. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Starlight Bowl in Burbank will host NIGHT TERRORS a haunted maze. In addition to the maze there will be face painting, games, food trucks, spooky campfire stories and much more.
7. [7:30 p.m.] After multiple sold-out performances in New York, Boston and Los Angeles, Feathers of Fire: A Persian Epic will make its debut at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. Feathers of Fire is a dazzling show of shadow puppetry “live animation” of a 10th-century book of Persian poetry played out on a cinema-size screen.
8. [8 p.m.] The Pancakes & Booze Art Show returns to Lot 613 in DTLA for an underground art show served up with a stack of pancakes! Highlights include local artisans, live music, DJs, live art, body painting, and more.
9. [8 p.m.] Get ready to shriek, because Urban Death: Tour of Terror is back at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood. Happening every Friday and Saturday this month. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] The Second City’s Diversity in Comedy Festival returns October 20-22 offering a platform for diverse, funny talent inside and outside of L.A. Some issues explored will be race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity through performances, panels, and workshops.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix to see Shaun of the Dead at The Greek Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.