You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 21, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The free Beverly Hills artSHOW happening on October 21-22 will showcase over 245 artists ranging from pantings and sculptures to ceramics and jewelry on display across four blocks. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The first-ever Halloween Film Pestival hosted by Western Exterminator at the Los Feliz 3 is all about creepy crawlers. Expect bug themed activities such as a cricket-eating contest, alongside classic film screenings like Bee Movie, The Ant Bully, The Fly, Eight Legged Freaks and more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The Taste of Soul L.A. brings a massive annual street festival to Crenshaw Blvd.
4. [11 a.m.] The Brewery ArtWalk returns for its fall edition on October 21-22 with works from over 100 participating resident artists in mediums including video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more. Entry and parking are free. FREE
5. [11 a.m] The first Clean Food Fest heads to the California Market Center on October 21-22 for a health-centered festival that celebrates clean, sustainable, beyond-organic, allergen-free food.
6. [11 a.m.] Sunland-Tunjunga Open Studios happening October 21-22, is a free guided weekend tour of local art studios and creative venues from over 40 artists in 17 different locations in the San Fernando Valley. FREE
7. [noon] The Third Annual Burbank Beer Festival & Street Fair returns to the streets of Downtown Burbank for one of the largest celebrations of craft beer in L.A. Entry to the street fair and main stage entertainment is free and open to all ages. Craft beer tasting sessions are ticketed and includes a 3- ounce tasting glass and craft beer samples from 45+ different breweries.
8. [1 p.m.] The Native Plant Sale comes to The Autry’s ethnobotanical garden in Griffith Park this Saturday. Get an education on plants from ethnobotanist/educator/plant curator Nicholas Hummingbird (Cahuilla-Apache) and take home a California Native plant yourself.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Pop-Up Magazine is a night filled with true, multimedia storytelling with stunning visuals, film, and live music. Listen to writers, filmmakers, photographers and producers share their stories at the Theatre at The Ace.
10. [8 p.m.] Experience a sophisticated yet creepy pre-Halloween evening during Night of 1.000 Devils. Billed as an “immersive horror soiree.” Guests will enjoy cocktails, dark burlesque performances, fortune tellers, tarot card readers, a dark disco and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the L.A. Cookie Con & Sweets Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.