As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [FREE] First Fridays in L.A., including free admission to Norton Simon, the Bixby Knolls Art Walk, and more (Friday).
2. [FREE] 4th Annual Venice Holiday Sign Lighting and Block Party (Friday).
3. [FREE] All Space Considered at the Griffith Observatory (Friday).
4. [FREE] Free live performances of A Christmas Carol at the Westfield Topanga (Friday-Sunday).
5. [FREE] 53rd annual Holiday Harbor Boat Parade (Saturday).
6. [FREE] Artisanal LA Holiday Market in Pasadena (Saturday).
7. [FREE] Holiday block party in Pasadena on Lake Ave (Saturday).
8. [FREE] Holiday Lights at The Getty (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Live prohibition-era jazz music at One Colorado in Old Town Pasadena (Saturday-Sunday)
10. [FREE] Shop the Block in the Arts District (Saturday-Sunday).
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend not under $10 but still worth knowing about:
- The Festival of Carols at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (Saturday)*
- 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Party (Saturday).*
- Elf at The Million Dollar Theater (Saturday).*
- Mythbusters Farewell Tour Stops in Thousand Oaks (Sunday).*
- Mac & Cheese Smackdown (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.