As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this (holiday) weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Since it’s the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] This Friday the Griffith Observatory continues their 2017 edition of All Space Considered highlighted a discussion on the drought. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The Vardan Ovsepian Chamber Ensemble will perform at the historic Union Station Ticketing Hall this Friday. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] The 118th Golden Dragon Parade & Chinese New Year Festival returns to DTLA and Chinatown. This year, the parade will feature over two dozen floats, multiple marching bands, entertainers, and cultural groups. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] One special Saturday every month Griffith Observatory hosts a free public star party to highlight interest in observing the cosmos. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] A WordTheatre Tribute to Langston Hughes: Stories, Poems, Jazz & the Blues will see the Harlem Renaissance come to life in a lively performance at Forest Lawn Hollywood in honor of Black History Month. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The Street Art House pop-up gallery heads to The Hangar from Feb. 4 through 10. Opening night is ticketed with the gallery open to the public in the days to follow. SATURDAY-SUNDAY.
8. [FREE] Edgar Arceneaux’s Library of Black Lies will be shown for the first time on the West Coast at Beta Main, the test site for newly developing Main Museum of Los Angeles Art in DTLA. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] Ace Hotel Downtown LA will host a rooftop Super Bowl Party in their Upstairs patio. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday for: Autry National Center of the American West and Museum of Latin American Art. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The Natural History Museum’s First Fridays returns. FRIDAY
- The Dumpling & Wonton Festival comes to Santa Anita Park this Saturday. SATURDAY
- The Dustbowl Revival comes to McCabe’s Guitar Shop in Santa Monica for an acoustic evening showcasing their infectious roots music. SATURDAY
- Esotouric Bus Adventures hosts a four-hour luxury coach tour called South L.A.: Road trip: Hot Rods, Adobes, Googie & Early Modernism. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- Le Salon de Musiques presents a stage free chamber musical experience with champagne and high tea to follow at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.