As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10] Eat|See|Hear screens 500 Days of Summer in Pasadena. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$3] 626 Night Market at Santa Anita Park. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
3. [FREE] Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in The Garden. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Zocalo Public Square Summer Movie Series: Little Miss Sunshine. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
6. [FREE] National Park Rangers Will Lead a Pokémon Go Walk in Silver Lake’s Bellevue Park. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Movie Picnic Night at Alhambra Park is a free Chinese outdoor movie showcasing Chinese language films (with subtitles!) this weekend they will screen The Monkey King 2. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] US Open of Surfing. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Free Farmer John Food Truck. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The Good Weekend marketplace. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- History Lit at the Pasadena Museum of History. FRIDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- Johnny Ramone Tribute at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. SUNDAY
- Unlimited Milk & Cookies at Kyoto Rooftop Garden in DTLA (plus Painting and Dinner!). SUNDAY
- Once Upon a Canyon Night. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.