You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 22, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Dapper Day and Jazz at LACMA.
2. [4 p.m.] 626 Night Market will take over Santa Anita Park with food vendors offering unique cuisine and merchandise, along with fun activities for all ages.
3. [5 p.m.] Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in the Garden. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival.
5. [5:30 p.m.] Barnsdall Park’s Friday Night Wine Tasting.
6. [6 p.m.] Westfield Summertime Cinema at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will screen Grease. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Zócalo is hosting a free Summer Movie Series in Downtown Los Angeles and this week they will be screening Little Miss Sunshine. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Grand Performances in DTLA with electro-gypsy jazz band Ginkgoa. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Union Station 360° will take viewers on an interactive journey through the culture of Los Angeles via a series of cinemagraphs projected on a 30-foot-high sphere that will broadcast hypnotic soundscapes and can respond to viewers movements. Free and open to the public through July 24.
10. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare takes over Griffith Park with free donation-based shows, this weeks performance of Richard III runs Wednesday through Sunday.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Unlimited Milk & Cookies plus painting for kids at Kyoto Garden in Little Tokyo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.