Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (July 22-24) includes the Lobster Festival at the Port of Los Angeles, a Beer Fest for Beer Geeks, the 626 Night Market, a Pokemon Go walk in Silver Lake, unlimited milk and cookies at a Japanese Garden and LOTS more to choose from.
So grab some friends or go at it alone, but most importantly have fun and enjoy yourself!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday July 22nd, 2016
1. Zócalo is hosting a free Summer Movie Series in Downtown Los Angeles and this week they will be screening Little Miss Sunshine. FREE
2. The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festivalin San Pedro is a three-day experience (July 22-24) filled with fresh lobster, live entertainment, and about the freshest Maine lobster you’re going to find on the west coast.
3. 626 Night Market will take over Santa Anita Park with food vendors offering unique cuisine and merchandise, along with fun activities for all ages.
4. Shakespeare takes over Griffith Park with free donation-based shows, this weeks performance of Richard III runs Wednesday through Sunday. Although it’s free our friends at Goldstar is offering complimentary reserved spaces in prime viewing areas for those who reserve under them!
5. L.A. Restaurant Week a.k.a. Dine L.A. (July 18-31) is a 14 day food event at over 300 restaurants across Los Angeles County. Each restaurant will host unique pre fixe menus for guests to expereince at a special price. Check out our list of essential dineL.A. menus you have to try this season.
6. History Lit will bring to life three immersive short plays at Pasadena Museum of History this weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. Presented by Arts Brookfield every Friday night the FIGat7th plaza will host free concerts for the public spanning multiple music genres all summer. FREE
8. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Dress to impress during Dapper Day & Jazz at LACMA this Friday. Your ticket also includes entrance to the Reigning Men: Fashion in Menswear!
10. At Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in The Garden you can sip on nature-inspired cocktails while enjoying summer tunes. The event is free with RSVP. FREE
11. Union Station 360° will take viewers on an interactive journey through the culture of Los Angeles via a series of cinemagraphs projected on a 30-foot-high sphere that will broadcast hypnotic soundscapes and can respond to viewers movements. Free and open to the public through July 24.
12. Tony Award-winning puppet musical Avenue Q continues at the Cupcake Theater for a marvelous (and hilarious) look at trying to make it as an adult in NYC. DISCOUNTED all weekend (via Goldstar)
13. Summertime Cinema at Westfield Culver City will screen Inside Out. FREE
14. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema screens two films this Friday 10 Things I Hate About You at One Colorado and Into The Wild at Distant Lands Travel Book Store. FREE
15. Shakespeare By The Sea will host a performance of Cymbeline at Marine Mammal Care Center. FREE
16. Barnsdall Park’s Friday Night Wine Tasting happens all summer long. Guests will enjoy fine wine, art in the gardens and and live music.
17. The Completely Different Late Show performed by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company will have you crying tears of laughter this Friday night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
18. Westfield Summertime Cinema at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will screen Grease. FREE
19. Grand Performances in DTLA with swinging electro-gypsy jazz band Ginkgoa and Our Nations Awaken on Saturday. FREE
20. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
21. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Check out some extreme sports at DEW Tour taking place at the Long Beach Convention Center July 22-24.
23. Monkey Town is a pop-up dinner series with an immersive 27-foot video installation cube in which you will dine inside of on a 5-course meal prepared by chef Nick Montgomery of Osso. Happening Wednesday-Sunday.
24. Free Museums This Friday
- The Museum of Latin American Art is free on the fourth Friday of every month from 5 to 9 p.m. FREE
- The Long Beach Museum of Art is free from 3 – 8 p.m every Friday. FREE
Saturday July 23rd, 2016
25. Farmer John is set to roll around Los Angeles in a food truck serving up free Dodger Dogs, All Beef Hot Dogs and Smoked Sausage Dogs starting on Saturday July 23 through August 14. FREE
26. Beer Fest for Beer Geeks’s Drink to Independence comes to Hollywood behind Stout Burgers & Beers this Saturday to celebrate Belgian Independence Day with 30+ beers including sours, barrel aged and wild ales.
27. National Park Rangers will lead a Pokemon Go walk at Bellevue Recreation Center. FREE
29. Prepare to watch pro surfers dominate the gnarliest of waves during the US Open of Surfing taking place at Huntington BeachJuly 23 through Sunday July 31. FREE
30. Comics Iliza Shlesinger and Anthony Jeslnik will take the stage at the iconic Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. The prestigious Long Beach Grand Cru Wine Competition is considered one of the top international wine competitions in the U.S. and it’ll take place at the Rainbow Lagoon Park in Long Beach this Saturday.
32. Street Food Cinema has a screening three movies this weekend. Mad Max: Fury Road at Expo Park; She’s All That at Victory Park (Discounted) and Clueless at King Gillete Park . DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar).
33. Sound in Focus at Annenberg Space for Photography with NAS Wilde plus Wilde Belle.
34. Movie Picnic Night at Alhambra Park is a free Chinese outdoor movie showcasing Chinese language films (with subtitles!) this weekend they will screen Lost and Love. FREE
35. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour. DISCOUNTED
36. Roundabout Theatre Company’s production of Cabaret comes to the Hollywood Pantages. This Tony-winning musical takes you into the Kit Kat Klub where a unground cabaret plays escape from pre-WWII Berlin. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Enjoy four wine gardens, shopping perks and tasty bites during Uncorked: Sip. Shop. Savor. happening at The Village at Westfield Topanga.
38. Get a taste of Old Hollywood and sip on classic cocktails with the Historic Hollywood: Stars & Bars Gang as they recall Hollywood tales and history. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
39. Celebrate the release of Open Impressionism Volume II, a 300-page coffee table book featuring the works of LA-based impressionist, Erin Hanson. Enjoy live music, a special microbrew tasting by 559-Beer and a special book signing. Attendees will also get to view Erin’s latest works including a 13-foot landscape. FREE
40. Brooklyn-born craft market Artists & Fleas in Venice will feature locally made art, fashion, vintage edibles and beyond. FREE
41. The Best Friends Show is a comedy show where comics are invited to tell a story with their best friend. Let’s face it everyone is funnier around their BFF! Happening at the NerdMelt Showroom.
42. Team USA Comes to Los Angeles for Road to Rio Tour (July 23-24) a sendoff event before our athletes head to Rio for the Olympics. Meet Team USA athletes that include Janet Evans, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings. Check out sport demos, zip lining and musical performances by Heffron Drive, Amy Jack, Alex Nester and the Carlos and Salvador Santana Band, Hailee Steinfeld, and Rachel Platten. FREE
43. Tongva Park’s Family Saturdays will host a Japanese Taiko drumming performance and workshop by the Taiko Center of Los Angeles. FREE
44. White Light White Night combines panoramic rooftop views of the city and gourmet bites from some of L.A.’s best restaurants and with all proceeds benefiting Los Angeles non-profit Walk With Sally.
45. Subliminal Projects and Obey Clothing present Banned In Babylon: The Art and Culture of Bad Brains, an exhibition featuring works by multiple artist from multiple mediums including prints by Shepard Fairey. The opening reception includes live performances by Darryl Jenifer of Bad Brains, Chuck Treece of McRad, Peter Stahl of Scream, Moby, and other special guests. FREE
Sunday July 24th, 2016
46. Celebrate a rock n roll legend, the Johnny Ramone Tribute at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery will feature a movie screening, Q&A, surprise guests, a pop up museum and lots more. Be sure to check for discount tickets offers before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
47. Doubletree by Hilton in DTLA is hosting a family oriented evening of unlimited milk & cookies plus painting and dinner on the rooftop Kyoto Gardens. Be sure to check for discount tickets before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
48. Once Upon a Canyon Night returns with summer performances under the stars. This Sunday Dengue Fever will perform.
49. The Good Weekend on July 24 is a one stop shopping experience that connects socially conscious companies with like minded shoppers. FREE
50. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema is back this week with a screening of Strictly Ballroom at Central Park. FREE
51. The Little Tokyo Concert Series is back! Takes place inside the Japanese Garden of Little Tokyo.
52. The massive food hall Smorgasburg LA is now open in Downtown Los Angeles every Sunday with a massive roster of L.A. heavy hitters in food involved.
53. View the new exhibition dedicated to Pterosaurs, a species of giant flying dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
54. It’s pay what you can at the Craft and Folk Art Museum on Sunday.
55. The Museum of Latin American Art is free on Sundays. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.