As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10] Eat|See|Hear Santa Monica screens Hairspray. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [FREE] Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in The Garden FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Westfield Summertime Cinema at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will screen Clueless. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
5. [FREE] Sound in Focus at Annenberg Space for Photography with Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros plus Imarhan. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Sri Lanka Day in Pasadena. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Summer and Music (SAM) is hosting their FREE music show, Twisted at The Pike in Downtown Long Beach with headliners Gardens & Villa. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The 11th Annual Santa Monica International Teen Film Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Lotus Festival in Echo Park. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Midtown Night Market at MacArthur Park in Long Beach. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- L.A. Food Fest. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Family Jam at The LA Zoo. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- BeautyCon LA. SATURDAY
- Salsa Festival in Pershing Square. SATURDAY
- Renegade Craft Fair in Grand Park. SATURDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.