Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (July 8-10) includes Summer SOULstice at Skirball, Sound in Focus at Annenberg, BeautyCon LA, the Lotus Festival in Echo Park, L.A. Food Fest, and LOTS more to choose from.
So grab some friends or go at it alone, but most importantly have fun and enjoy yourself!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday July 8th, 2016
1. Party under the stars during Into the Night: Summer SOULstice at the Skirball featuring music by Gavin Turek, Open Mike Eagle and a vinyl soul set from Southern Soul Spinners.
2. The L.A. Food Fest is back for its seventh year, promising three days of tasty bites and refreshing sips from 100+ food and beverage vendors as well as exclusive hosted ticketed events.
3. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema kicks off their July lineup with Goonies at One Colorado. FREE
4. At Natural History Museum’s Summer Nights in The Garden you can sip on nature-inspired cocktails while enjoying summer tunes. The event is free with RSVP. FREE
5. The Alchemist’s Lab: A Victorian Escape Room happening this Friday – Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Shakespeare takes over Griffith Park with free donation-based shows, this weeks performance of Richard III runs Wednesday through Sunday.
7. Westfield Summertime Cinema at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will screen Clueless. FREE
8. There are still tickets availble for Star Trek in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Watch the movie as the LA Phil performs Michael Giacchino’s film score along with it! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Shakespeare By The Sea will host a free performance of Cymbeline at Point Fermin Park. FREE
10. Barnsdall Park’s Friday Night Wine Tasting happens all summer long. Guests will enjoy fine wine, art in the gardens and and live music.
11. The Completely Different Late Show performed by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company will have you crying tears of laughter this Friday night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. American Ballet Theatre returns to The Music Center with Misty Copeland and Stella Abrera from July 8-10 featuring a repertoire program that includes Igor Stravinsky, Dmitri Shostakovich and a new piece by Leonard Bernstein.
13. Tony Award-winning puppet musical Avenue Q continues at the Cupcake Theater for a marvelous (and hilarious) look at trying to make it as an adult in NYC. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
15. Grand Performances in DTLA welcomes The Light Surgeons presenting SuperEverything. FREE
16. Monkey Town is a pop-up dinner series with an immersive 27-foot video installation cube in which you will dine inside of on a 5-course meal prepared by chef Nick Montgomery of Osso. Happening Friday-Sunday.
17. Outfest LGBTQ film festival span over two weeks (July 7-17) during the summer hosting special screenings and parties all across Los Angeles. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
18. Finding Dory at The Hollywood El Capitan Theatre, catch The Bubble Guy a breathtaking bubble extravaganza before the movie. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. The Long Beach Museum of Art is free from 3 – 8 p.m this Friday.
20. Tease, If You Please Burlesque Show staged at Globe Theatre spotlights acts from some of the most creative dancers in the business. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Saturday July 9th, 2016
21. Primo’s Donuts is celebrating their 60th anniversary with free donuts this Saturday!!! FREE
22. Sound in Focus at Annenberg Space for Photography with Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros plus Imarhan. 5-10 p.m. FREE
23. The Salsa Festival will take over Pershing Square (July 9-10) with samples, live music, dancing, and more. Free to attend but you must purchase sample tickets to get a taste of the salsas.
25. Aloe Blacc brings his soulful sounds to the newly renovated Ford Amphitheatre for a summer outdoor concert. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. BeautyCon LA the premier beauty and lifestyle festival will feature 80+ top beauty brands, 100+ content creators from your favorite channels, musical performances and IRL tutorials from some of the top masters.
27. In conjunction with Fandango, Dodger Stadium is hosting a ‘movie plus a ball game’ night this Saturday. Dodger fans get to enjoy the game followed by cult classic film Top Gun at the stadium!
28. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The FREE Lotus Festival (July 9-10) includes food, ethnic dances, and a variety of performances in an ode to the cultures of Asia and the Pacific Islands where the Lotus flower is a symbol of purity, life, and rebirth.
31. The Renegade Craft Fair will feature handmade goods, DIY workshops and art work by over 275 independent makers. FREE
32. Union Station will play host to Live Nation’s Ones To Watch concert series, co-presented by KROQ’s Locals Only. This week music will be provided by: DYAN, The Brinks. FREE
33. Summer and Music (SAM) is hosting their FREE music show, Twisted at The Pike in Downtown Long Beach with headliners Gardens & Villa. FREE
34. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour. DISCOUNTED
35. Pairing is Caring takes place at LA River Studios featuring unlimited pours of craft beer, wine cider and AYCE food pairings.
36. Shakespeare By The Sea will host performances of Othello at Point Fermin Park on Thursday and Saturday. FREE
37. Get a taste of authentic Sri Lankan cuisine, shop beautiful Sri Lankan fashions and enjoy live performances at Sri Lanka Day a free annual event taking place in Pasadena. FREE
38. The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Troop Beverly Hills. Show runs all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
39. The Norton Simon Museum Summer Concert Series will feature Gabrielli and Bach Maksim Velichkin each perfomring solo cello pieces.
40. Brooklyn-born craft market Artists & Fleas in Venice will feature locally made art, fashion, vintage edibles and beyond. FREE
41. Flex Up LA is back for it’s second installation of Future Dancehall Night at Los Globos. FREE
42. Leanna Lin’s Wonderland turns 6 and will celebrate with an opening reception for new exhibit Wonderland Summer Spectacular (6-9 p.m.) with sweet treats by Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams and Auntie Apple, beverages by The Owl’s Brew, along with other surprises. FREE
43. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema will screen The Devil Wears Prada at One Colorado. FREE
44. This CityRace is a three-hour adventure hunt around Culver City the birthplace of some of the most iconic films in history. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
45. The 11th Annual Santa Monica International Teen Film Festival (July 9-10) is free to the public, family friendly and features 36 short films from teens around the world. FREE
46. Taking place at The Wiltern the Garagiste Wine Festival features unlimited food and wine from over 60 limited release wines.
47. Pasadena POPS Concert Series presents the Music of Billy Joel at The Los Angeles County Arboretum.
Sunday July 10th, 2016
48. Celebrate the culture that gave us beer gardens and bratwurst during German Heritage Day at the Old World Village in Huntington Beach. Don’t miss the live music and Dachshund races too. First 500 people get a free German meal on them! FREE
49. Midtown Night Market at MacArthur Park in Long Beach features fresh food, sports and fitness classes, wellness workshops, live entertainment, a kid’s space and so much more. FREE
50. Shakespeare By The Sea will host a performance of Cymbeline at Hesse Park. FREE
51. Little Tokyo Concert Series is back! Happening inside the Japanese Garden of Little Tokyo. Performing this week is LA based artist Sheila Govindarajan
52. View the new exhibition dedicated to Pterosaurs, a species of giant flying dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
53. Now till September 5, the Grammy Museum will have over 400 pieces of memorabilia on view from The Beatles.
54. The massive food hall Smorgasburg LA is now open in Downtown Los Angeles every Sunday with a massive roster of L.A. heavy hitters in food involved.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.