As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
1. [$9.00] An Eat|See|Hear screening of Karate Kid in Beverly Hills on Saturday night.*
2. [$9.00] A Street Food Cinema screening of Weird Science on Saturday night.*
3. [FREE] The LA Taco Fest (admission is free, food sold separately)
4. [FREE] NHM Summer Garden Party on Friday night.
5. [FREE] Chinatown Summer Nights on Saturday.
6. [FREE] Harry Potter Hamlet in Culver City at Media Park (Saturday and Sunday at 11:00am)
7. [FREE] Saturday’s Off the 405 at the Getty
8. [FREE] Nisei Week Japanese Festival at the JACCC
9. [FREE] The Proud Picnic at Grand Park
10. [FREE] A free screening of Guardians of the Galaxy at North Hollywood Park.
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.