As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
1. [$9.00] Long Beach BBQ Festival.* (Friday-Sunday)
2. [$9.00] Reservoir Dogs at the Autry National Center for Eat|See|Hear.* (Saturday)
3. [$8.50] Kiki’s Delivery Service (Hayao Miyazaki) at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica.* (Saturday)
4. [$5.00] San Fernando Valley Comic Book Convention. (Saturday)
5. [FREE] Fiesta La Ballona in Culver City. (Friday-Sunday)
6. [FREE] Woofstock at the Long Beach Marketplace (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Glendale Cruise Night.(Saturday)
8. [FREE] Harry Potter Hamlet in Culver City at Media Park (Saturday-Sunday )
9. [FREE] GreenReads at the Theatricum Botancium. (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Everyone’s Hike: A 5-mile beginner’s hike through Griffith Park. (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.