As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (and Monday this week because of Labor Day!) in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$10.00] Oktoberfest begins at Alpine Village in Torrance. (Friday-Saturday)
2. [$9.00] The Original Lobster Festival in Long Beach.* (Friday-Sunday)
3. [$5.00] A live taping of the The Blaze with Lizzie & Kat: A 90210 Podcast at the Nerdmelt. (Saturday)
4. [$4.75] The Dollface Dames Burlesque Show at Magicopolis in Santa Monica.* (Saturday)
5. [FREE] Friday Night Jazz at LACMA. (Friday)
6. [FREE] VAN Beethoven (a virtual reality concert bus) is making stops at the Disney Concert Hall, Levitt Pavilion, LA County Fair, and LACMA. (Friday-Sunday)
7. [FREE] The Venice Beach Music Fest. (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Opening reception for Small Adventures, a a serious and silly tribute to Maurice Sendak and Shel Silverstein. (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Family Day Community Studio at The Hammer Museum. (Saturday)
10. [FREE] The Out There Musick & Arts Festival in Sherman Oaks. (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.