As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend, each costing $10 and under, that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$10] Electric Dusk Drive-In screens Edward Scissorhands. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$10] Dublab’s 17th Anniversary Celebration. SATURDAY
3. [FREE] Front Porch Cinema at the Santa Monica Pier. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] San Fernando Chile Festival. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Picture This! live animated comedy at The Virgil. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] 44th Annual Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
7. [FREE] DTLA Oyster Festival at Grand Central Market. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Hike with Ranger Ernie to Royce Canyon. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Rooftop Cinema Club screening of The Fourth Phase. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The Big Draw LA: 7th Annual Make Your Mark in the Park . SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Thievery Corporation at The Greek. FRIDAY (via Goldstar)
- Opening weekend of Queen Mary Dark Harbor. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- 10th annual Los Angeles Chocolate Salon. SATURDAY
- Santa Anita Park Oktoberfest. SATURDAY
- LA Times Presents: City of Gold screening plus Q&A with Jonathan Gold. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.