At 7:21 a.m. local time today the fall season officially began in the northern hemisphere. For us here at We Like L.A. that signals one key thing: It’s time to start focusing on autumn events in Los Angeles.
Moving on from summer’s array of outdoor movie series, massive beach festivals and nighttime concerts, this fall in L.A. features a diverse range of to-dos, from annual staples (LA Auto Show) to new treats (Dino Fest) to holiday specials (Day of the Dead at Hollywood Forever).
Below… an introduction.
There isn’t necessarily a rhyme or reason to the list. It’s just a big, fat, chronological listing of some of the most eye-catching events and attractions on our radar for the fall.
That said, it’s as good a place as any to start your seasonal adventures…
- Knott’s Scary Farm (starts Sept. 22)
- Sleepless: After Hours at The Music Center (Sept. 23). If you miss the Sept. 23 edition there will be another fall version of Sleepless on Nov. 11
- Dino Fest at Natural History Museum (Sept. 24-25)
- CreepLA in the Arts District. Runs now through Oct. 5
- Special $1 admission day at The Gamble House in Pasadena (Sept. 25)
- Dark Harbor at The Queen Mary (starts Sept. 29)
- Museum of Broken Relationships Fall Lecture Series. Slated to take place every Monday through Dec. 5., with the exception of Nov. 28.
- Free Movie Nights at Echo Park Lake (Oct. 1 & Oct. 15) FREE
- The Los Angeles Chocolate Salon in Pasadena (Oct. 1)
- 3rd annual EastSide Food Festival (Oct. 2)
- Hike Griffith Park with Ranger Ernie (Oct. 2, Nov. 24., Dec. 4) FREE
- Free edition of Rooftop Cinema Club in Hollywood (Oct. 2) FREE
- Free film noir screening series at Union Station (Oct. 7, Nov. 5, Dec. 2) FREE
- Into the Night: Pop for People at Skirball Cultural Center (Oct. 7)
- LA Weekly’s Brunch at The Races (Oct. 9)
- 826LA’s Timewarp Dance-a-thon benefit (Oct. 15)
- Burbank Beer Festival (Oct. 15)
- Sherman Oaks 26th Annual Street Fair (Oct. 16) FREE
- Los Angeles Magazine’s The Food Event 2016 (Oct. 16)
- CelebrateLA Day in Grand Park (Oct. 18) FREE
- KCRW’s Left, Right & Center Live! at The Ace Hotel Theatre (Oct. 20)
- Diversity in Comedy Festival (Oct. 21-23)
- CrabFest in Little Tokyo (Oct. 22)
- Lit Crawl 2016 in the NoHo Arts District (Oct. 26) FREE
- Grand Ave: All Access. FREE
- Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever (Oct. 29)
- 4th annual Santa Monica Zombie Crawl (Oct. 30)
- Free Movies at the Grand Re-Opening of Pacific Winnetka Theatres (Nov. 3-6) FREE
- Dapper Day Expo at Disneyland (Nov. 5-6)
- Pershing Square ice skating rink opens (Nov. 10)
- DTLA Art Walk (Nov. 10) FREE
- AFI Fest 2016 (Nov. 10-17) FREE (with RVSP)
- Sleepless: After Hour at The Music Center (Nov. 11)
- Inglewood Open Studios 10th Anniversary (Nov. 12-13) FREE
- The Grove Christmas with Seth MacFarlane (Nov 13) FREE
- L.A. Food Studios At The Skirball (Nov. 13)
- California Vegetarian Food Festival (Nov. 13)
- Happy Little Festival: A Tribute Party for Bob Ross (Nov. 13) FREE
- An ‘extra-close’ supermoon will be visible (Nov. 14) FREE
- LA Zoo Lights starts (Nov. 18)
- The LA Auto Show (Nov. 18-27)
- Great Walk Los Angeles (Nov. 19) FREE
- DesignerCon 2016 (Nov. 19-20)
- Chill at the Queen Mary starts (Nov. 23)
- Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens. (starts Nov. 25)
- Hollywood Christmas Parade (Nov. 27)
We’ll be adding more to the list as events reach our radar, so be sure to bookmark and check back often!
If you have any suggestions feel free to drop us a line at [email protected].