Celebrate summer at the Silver Lake Picture Show. Returning on June 22, these free outdoor movie screenings take place in the heart of Silver Lake — at Sunset Triangle Plaza across from Sunset Junction — every other Thursday evening through mid-September.
2017 marks the Silver Lake Picture Show’s fourth season. This is very much a community-focused event: before each acclaimed, culturally important feature film, you’ll enjoy short films from local filmmakers and music performances from local bands.
Each screening attracts more than 500 people (sometimes up to 2,000!), so you’ll want to arrive early. You are more than welcome to bring a picnic, along with your own seating.
You can find the complete schedule for 2017 Silver Lake Picture Show listed below:
June 22 – Cool Runnings (PG)
July 6 – The Notebook (PG13)
July 20 – A League of Their Own (PG)
August 3 – District 9 (R)
August 17 – Space Jam (PG)
August 31 – 10 Things I Hate About You (PG13)
September 14 – Scream (R)
For more information visit silverlakepictureshow.com.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!