Longtime readers of We Like L.A. undoubtedly know of The Silver Lake Picture Show, a free summer movie-screening series that takes place at Sunset Triangle Plaza and is now in its 8th season.
The Silver Lake Picture routinely draws around 500-2000 guests per screening, with attendees encouraged to bring picnics and lawn chairs to enjoy the warm summer evenings and a free community flick in the heart of one of L.A.’s hippest neighborhoods.
The 2019 SLPS schedule has been paired down compared to past years (four movie screenings instead of seven) and the events take place on Fridays instead of Thursdays.
Films screenings begin around sundown, but in general things will get going around 7:30 p.m. and wrap up by 11 p.m. Below is the 2019 movie schedule:
- June 21 – Selena (PG)
- July 5 – Boyz n the Hood (R)
- July 19 – Coco (PG)
- August 2 – The Big Lebowski (R)
If you have more questions regarding attending a Silver Lake Picture Show screening, we suggest you check out their FAQ page for dos and don’ts. And if you’re curious we’ll save you a click and tell you now: dogs are allowed!
Sunset Triangle Plaza is located at 1523 Griffith Park Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!