You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, June 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Head down to Scum and Villainy Cantina this Monday in Hollywood for a Toy Story themed trivia night.
2. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week Cuban choreographer and educator Kati Hernandez will teach guests Afro-Cuban moves. Live traditional percussion by Maestro Lazaro Galarraga and Bobby Wilmore will get guests grooving. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] Graphic Novel Book Club with Jake Mumm at The Last Bookstore.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
5. [8 p.m.] Full Moon Sound Bath at KnockoutLA in Playa Del Rey.
6. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group will take participants through the trials and tribulations of being a DAD raising a child. In this immersive-theater production the audience will interact with a wild cast of coming-of-age characters. The show is directed by Brandon Slezak and produced by Zombie Joe. Running Sundays and Mondays through July 1.
7. [8:30 p.m.] KROQ Locals Only Presents Sleeplust Residency at The Satellite
8. [9 p.m.] The Business Los Angeles comedy show at Little Joy. FREE
9. [various] Every year local breweries, bars and restaurants celebrate LA Beer Week (June 15-23) through events highlighting craft beer culture. Check their schedule for all the free and ticketed events happening this week.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.