This Saturday, Jan. 25, thousands of Angelenos will flock to their favorite cultural institutions for a day of freebies and fun. 2020’s SoCal Museum Free-For-All joins over 40 Southern California arts and culture institutions for one day of free admission. The annual event is now in its 15th year, and it’s safe to say the first decade and a half have been a huge hit with the public.
As in years past, the lineup of participants includes some museums that are free year-round (The Getty, Hammer Museum, The Broad) along with many others that normally charge admission fees (Natural History Museum, LACMA, Kidspace Museum, La Brea Tar Pits Museum, The Autry).
Since the free-for-all date tends to draw significant crowds, I wouldn’t recommend planning to hit more than a couple on the list, and even that might be a stretch. No reason to give yourself an aneurism from the various parking challenges likely to be faced. This should be a day of fun, not stress.
For those curious you’ll find the full list of this year’s participants below. Please remember that admission does include access to special exhibitions, unless otherwise noted.
Hope you enjoy!
SoCal Museum Free-For-All Participants
The Broad (The Broad’s special exhibition Shirin Neshat: I Will Greet the Sun Again, will be free along with general admission on Saturday, Jan. 25 only)
Museum of Tolerance (Note that The Museum of Tolerance will be participating on Sunday, Jan. 26 only)
OCMA (Orange County Museum of Art)
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (Please note free admission is for the museum only, not the Sea Center)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!