You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Oscar Oiwa: Dreams of a Sleeping World continues on view at the USC Pacific Asia in Pasadena through April 26.
2. [2 p.m.] Los Angeles State Historic Park hosts Arts in the Park, which provides creative therapeutic experiences through arts and crafts. This series takes place every second and fourth Wednesday of each month inside the Welcome Pavilion from 2-4 p.m. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Eagle Rock Brewery will once again host a Women’s Beer Forum where you’ll get to try a flight of beers from different breweries for $18.
4. [7 p.m.] HiKing-with-Friends is hosting a night hike in Griffith park. The group will meet at the Pony Ride Parking area on Crystal Springs Dr. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] This week UCLA Planetarium’s public show focuses on dark matter and dark energy. Telescope show to follow, weather permitting.
6. [7 p.m.] Russell Brand performs live at Wanderlust Hollywood.
7. [8 p.m.] The Future Boyfriends Show is a bi-monthly comedy show featuring live rising standup comics with digital shorts. Happening at the El Cid.
8. [8 p.m.] There’a a Quentin Taratino Trivia Night at The Mermaid bar this Wednesday. Game starts at 8 p.m. drink specials, prizes, and a bloody good time will be had. Free to play.
9. [9 p.m.] Dub Club at The Echoplex. Free before 10 p.m., $10 thereafter.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA*(via Goldstar)