Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Dec. 26 to Friday, Dec. 30, features Snow Days at Kidspace, opening day at Santa Anita Park, Rogue One at El Capitan, Alice’s Winter Wonderland Festival, Pasadena Legacy architectural tours, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday December 26th, 2016
1. It’s Opening Day at Santa Anita Park! To celebrate their return the popular race track will host a Craft Beer & Cider Festival.
2. Starting Monday, Kidspace Children’s Museum will host Snow Days till Dec. 30. The event will feature real snow, cookie decorating, magnetic ice skating, story time, daily amphitheater shows and more.
3. Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens will offer visitors a colorful one-mile path route through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden. Happening now through Jan. 8. Check for Discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. The Queen Mary’s signature winter attraction, CHILL, returns with a holiday theme of Alice in Winterland, promising an interactive and immersive experiences for the whole family to enjoy. Check for discounted tickets all week before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Largest outdoor ice skating rink returns to Pershing Square for its 19th winter run. The 7,200 square-foot Holiday Ice Rink® Pershing Square will be open every day of the holiday season through Jan. 16.
6. Can’t get enough of the Christmas spirit? Head to “Knott’s Merry Farm” to see Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole gang celebrate the holidays the Peanuts way. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. LA Zoo Lights is back! Now in its third year, the after-hours event showcases animal-themed LEDs, lasers, 3D projections, and animated displays throughout the zoo. Check for discounted tickets all week before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. Winter Fest, the O.C. winter wonderland, is back from Dec. 16 through Jan. 1. This year’s holiday festival features a festival of lights, snow summit, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the hour, Santa Claus. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
9. HD Buttercup’s Half Yearly Clearance sale starts today! Score 25% to 70% on home furnishings, decor and more.
10. Runway Playa Vista presents Music Mondays a free weekly concert and music series. This week they are hosting a Swing Party with Lil’ Mo and the Dynaflos. FREE
Tuesday December 27th, 2016
11. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story screens at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Check out production props, models, costumes and more. There will also be a Stormtrooper meet-and-greet before the movie! Happening all week and weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. The Rink in Downtown Burbank invites you to ice skate in a winter wonderland. Perfect for a date or family night, the festive outdoor rink is located right next to hundreds of shops and restaurants. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
14. Amélie the Oscar-nominated French film is now a new musical. The pre-Broadway production is taking place at the Ahmanson all week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. The Lincoln presents “For the Record,” a weekly series where guests bring in their own vinyl for a unique DJ set from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. This week’s theme is Aughties House Classics with DJ HOE . FREE
Wednesday December 28th, 2016
16. There’s a cocktail battle between Baldoria’s beverage director Matt Bostick and Big Bar’s bar manager Cari Hah. The two will be whipping up cocktails with Nikka Japanese Whisky at Baldoria in DTLA as guests sample the creations and nosh on bites from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets cost $15 at the door.
17. The Lincoln Center Theater production of The King and I comes to the Hollywood Pantages. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
18. The Pasadena Museum of California Art is currently having a special on admission through Goldstar where tickets are complementary with a $3 service fee (tickets usually cost $7 a person.) See current exhibits by Llyod Hamrol, Joan Perlman and a 90 painting show on California coast culture titled: In the Land of Sunshine. The promo runs throughout the week and weekend for the next few weeks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. The NASA’s Pavilion sound experience is now of view at The Huntington Library. A “soundscape” experience that represents the movement of the International Space Station and 19 Earth Science satellites the shell like sculpture emits sounds each interpreting one of the satellites’ missions. Open to the public till Feb. 27, 2017.
Thursday December 29th, 2016
21. The Dirty Little Secrets, Ponderosa Aces and more will take the stage to perform a tantalizing burlesque with a country theme at Harvelle’s Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.) MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.) Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Friday December 30th, 2016
24. Pasadena Architectural Legacy Tours will host walking tours in the Pasadena Hillcrest neighborhood and South Orange Grove Boulevard. Explore one of Pasadena’s most beautiful neighborhoods, you’ll also see many grand estate mansions, along with Craftsman homes.
25. Studio Ghibli’s most iconic film My Neighbor Totoro will screen at midnight at the Nuart Theatre this Friday.
26. Alice’s Winter Wonderland Festival will takeover Clifton’s Cafeteria in DTLA. The Creating Arts Co. are putting on a wintery experience featuring Princesses, Pirates, Superheroes, Fairies, Mermaids, and more. This event is perfect for kids!
27. The Satellite will host Remembering David Bowie a night of Bowie covers presented by Foxes Magazine. Tickets cost $10.
28. Kick off your New Years weekend with a classic movie at The Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. This Friday they will screen a double feature: My Man Godfrey/Ruggles Of Red Gap. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. On Fridays Royce’s Arcade Warehouse hosts ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
30. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art and Museum of Latin American Art (5 to 9 p.m.)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].