Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Tuesday, June 5 to Friday, June 9, features LA Pride Week, Power People at the Hammer, the Los Angeles Design Festival, Wine Tasting Nights at Barnsdall Art Park, the Calabasas Malibu Food & Wine Fest, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday June 5th, 2017
1. It’s LA Pride Week! from June 5 to 11 celebrate the LGBTQ community through themed parties, a special Dodgers night, worthy marches and then let loose at the LA Pride Festival happening this weekend.
2. Broadway Sings Disney is a powerhouse concert developed from the Walt Disney catalog’s 80-plus years of magical music. From Steamboat Willie, to Frozen’s “Let It Go,” happening at the Rockwell Table & Stage. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
4. The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
Tuesday June 6th, 2017
5. Spend an evening poolside and beneath the stars enjoying dinner, cocktails and a classic film as Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema returns with a screening of Oceans Eleven.
6. Beer, tacos and a game of Texas Hold ’em is going down at Angel City Brewery during their Poker Night in association with KB Kings Poker Company. The brewery is hosting a free and no risk Texas Hold ’em tournament where players compete for various prizes like beer credits! FREE
7. Grand Park is ready to whip you into shape during their Summer Bootcamp series happening every Tuesday evening from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. All fitness levels are welcome! FREE
8. Food Truck Night at The California Heritage Museum takes place every Tuesday with trucks vary from week to week. Guests are welcome to bring blankets and hang out on the lawn of the museum while they dine.
9. YouTube star Chris Fleming, best known for his hilarious housewife character GAYLE brings his brand-new stand-up show, ‘SHOWPIG,’ to Largo.
10. Free museum day at: Natural History Museum, Page Museum at La Brea Tarpits and Kidspace Children’s Museum (from 4 to 8 p.m.)
Wednesday June 7th, 2017
11. People Power is a new free film series at the Hammer Museum featuring films that examine grassroots political movements around the world. This weeks screening is A Force More Powerful: A Century of Nonviolent Conflict. An exploration of popular grassroots movements that have battled regimes and military forces with nonviolent actions. FREE
12. The Los Angeles Conservancy presents Last Remaining Seats featuring classic film screenings in Downtown Los Angeles’ vintage movie palaces. The series continues with Laura at the Million Dollar Theatre, Downtown L.A.
13. Ever wish you were in a Sherlock Holmes story? Will now is your chance! Get immersed in a production full of mystery and intrigue thanks to Unbound Productions where the audience follows the actors throughout a creepy Santa Anita Train Depot. The show runs Wednesday through the weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Boss Jr. Presents: Harold Evening at The Clubhouse. This free comedy show features some of the best improvisers in the city. Bonus they also give out free baked goods and drinks! FREE
15. Did you know Maya Rudolph has a Prince coverband called Princess? They’re playing at the Teragram Ballroom on Prince’s birthday!
Thursday June 8th, 2017
16. The Los Angeles Design Festival (LADF) comes to Downtown L.A. June 8 through June 11 for the ultimate celebration of this city’s rich design culture.
17. Book’d returns to The Group Repertory/Lonny Chapman Theatre in North Hollywood this Thursday for “the ultimate bibliophiles’ night out.” Always a worthwhile event, Book’d will feature author readings and discussions and fun giveaways.
18. The L.A. Zoo is celebrating their 50th anniversary with a sustainable wine and dinner series. Each event will include a five-course farm-to-table dinner accompanied by wine from local vineyards. There will also be a zoo walk-through with education and entertainment highlights, along with up-close animal encounters. On June 8 J. Lohr wines from Paso Robles will be featured and dinner will take place at Reggie’s Bistro a location near one of the zoo’s most famous inhabitants, Reggie the alligator.
19. Metalachi, the world’s only heavy metal Mariachi band will be playing at the Saban Theatre this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. City of San Gabriel’s annual Summer Night concerts return with a summer beach party and concert in the Mission District. FREE
21. The Downtown Art Walk has been an L.A. cultural phenomenon bringing in art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month. Art galleries, shops, bars and more open up for one big party celebrating art and DTLA for one fine night. FREE
22. Free museum day at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Friday June 9th, 2017
23. Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem, the Barnsdall Art Park during their annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the evening will feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food popups and music from KCRW DJ Marion Hodges.
24. Score amazing designer brands available for as much as 80% off at Gilt City’s Summer Sample Sale on June 9 and 10. Taking place at Siren Studios on Orange, the admission fee also includes complimentary rosé and samples of Dove, Tide + Downy, Luna and Cliff bar samples. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Downtown Los Angeles’ Union Station will conclude their ‘Sci-Fi At Union Station’ movie screening series with Her, Spike Jonze’s 2013 tale about a lonely man who falls in love with an operating system possessing artificial intelligence. FREE
26. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. The Natural History Museum’s First Fridays returns for the final after hour series at the museum, special music performances and themed panel discussions. This week focuses on: “LA History on Your Plate”
28. 11th annual Calabasas Malibu Food & Wine Fest is two days (June 9 and 10) of wining and dining on some of the best culinary establishments and wineries of Malibu and Calabasasa. Happening at the Commons at Calabasas.
29. Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with a focus on the question “Can our voting rights be salvaged?”
30. Greenbar Distillery is hosting a cocktail classes in Downtown LA this Friday with a City Series theme highlighting Kingston cocktails.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].