You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, January 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
3. [6:30 p.m.] TechFair 2019 comes to UCLA for an interactive experience with online content creators and entrepreneurs. Highlights include e-scooter nest and flight school, a black light face painting dance party, a photo booth, giveaways and drawing prizes. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite is a monthly event held in 100+ cities across the globe including Busby’s East in Los Angeles! Dubbed as “Discovery Channel with beer” folks will give fun and informative presentations about a variety of topics and the audience drinks along.
5. [2:30 p.m.] Award-winning rose hybridizer Tom Carruth, the E. L. and Ruth B. Shannon Curator of the Rose Collections at The Huntington, will introduce a new rose ‘Huntington’s Hundredth’, developed to commemorate the institution’s upcoming centennial. The rose will be available for purchase following a talk, along with other bareroot varieties. This event is free and no reservations are required.
6. [8 p.m.] Maria Bamford performs at Flappers in Burbank.
7. [10 p.m.] The Mermaid bar in Chinatown will host a David Bowie/ Elvis Birthday Bash from 10 p.m. to midnight with DJ’s and visuals.
8. [various] Free museum day: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m,) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] 8th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 6-11.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 7 to 13 with over 30 of the area’s best restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the persimmon.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar