You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Free Haus Dog Day at Dog Haus Biergarten USC.
2. [noon] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP happening Friday through Sunday featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities.
3. [5 p.m.] Aquarium of the Pacific will host a family overnight where you can explore exhibits, touch marine animals, enjoy a pizza dinner, snacks and breakfast.
4. [6 p.m.] National Hot Toddy Day is this Friday and chef driven ice cream shop Humphry Slocombe will be offering complimentary Hot Toddy Sundaes from 6-10 p.m. at their Venice location. The sundae features The Glenlivet a flavor made from the renowned Scotch whiskey brand. It’s also drizzled with clove caramel and topped with candied lemon. Artisan cocktails from The Glenlivet will also be offered on Friday.
5. [6 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery will open up their facility for a tour of their organic distillery. The tour allows guests to learn about the process of spirit making and taste some of Greenbar Distillery’s portfolio. Happening every Friday through Sunday of this month.
6. [7 p.m.] Celebrate the Queen of Tejano music, Selena at The Wiltern this Friday. Enjoy a screening of the film, a Selena tribute concert, vendors, photo ops and tacos. Check for discounted tickets via Goldstar while supplies last.
7. [all day] Highland Park’s neighborhood pub, The Greyhound Bar & Grill celebrates their fifth anniversary this Friday by offering each guest a free order of five signature Greyhound Wings (veggie wings also available) served with your choice of 19 house-made sauces.
8. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our list of the Top 17 picks for this current run of dineL.A.
9. [various] 8th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 6-11.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 7 to 13 with over 30 of the area’s best restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the persimmon.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar