You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, January 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Cool Camellia Celebration returns to Descanso Gardens on January 12 – 13 for a celebration of the iconic camellia collection during its peak blooming season.
2. [10 a.m.] The Altadena Library District presents 1000 Books Before Kindergarten! An early literacy initiative to encourage families to read more. A petting zoo, face painting, donut truck as well as representatives from city and county early childhood agencies will be in attendance. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Greater L.A. Vintage Postcard and Paper Show will have 30 dealers showing casing postcards, paper collectibles, photos, and ephemera of yesteryear all for sale.
4. [10 a.m.] Every second Saturday of the month Paseo Playdates put on free themed entertainment for kids. This month its instrument exploration with a concert by School of Rock! FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Spend a day with burgers, beer and world-class Thoroughbred racing at Los Angeles landmark, Santa Anita Park during Burgers & Brewfest on Saturday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m.] Head over to the Regent in DTLA for The Rock and Roll Flea Market. Every month, the flea market features 50 vendors offering vintage and handmade crafts, including clothing, jewelry, memorabilia, instruments and more. The space will also offer two full bars, a brunch menu, DJ’s all day, and “boozy bingo,” with prizes like tickets to concerts at The Regent. Admission to the flea market is free.
7. [noon] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP happening Friday through Sunday featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities.
8. [6 p.m.] Wine loving Angelenos will gather for a wine tasting focused on one varietal, Grenache. Happening at La Brea Bakery Cafe, The Grenache Wars will have guests enjoying an array of wines, appetizers, live music and in the end a group vote of the best Grenache purveyor of the evening.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Culver City this Saturday for a comedy show with secret performers in a secret location. Location will be emailed to ticket holders and it’s BYOB.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our list of the Top 17 picks for this current run of dineL.A.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $18 tix to the upcoming LA Art Show 2019 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar