You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Saturday, January 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Fusing the world of anime and video games, Anime Impulse happening January 13-14 will feature celebrity appearances, esports, artist alleys, Kawaii fashion, and cosplay, all at the Fairplex in Pomona.
2. [10 a.m.] Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with a service and community event at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza. In honor of the beloved civil rights figure, Baldwin Hills will host a day of giving back with a variety of free services for individuals and families. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The Hello Kitty Cafe will pop-up in Culver City this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with super adorable treats for kids and adults.
4. [10:30 a.m.] This weekend The Record Parlour is hosting free vinyl days on both Saturday and Sunday. Spend $20 and you get to take home 100 records for free. Bringing your own box or bag is recommended!
5. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show comes to Los Angeles Convention Center January 10 – 14 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience of the year. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [noon] The Burger & Beerfest comes to Santa Anita Park this Saturday with mouth-watering gourmet burgers from some of the best burger joints in Southern California, accompanied by frosty brews. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [1 p.m.] . Head to Echo Park Lake for Fiesta Perpetua! Acclaimed experimental Mexican vocalist Carmina Escobar will lead a 40-member Oaxacan youth brass band in a performance on floating rafts and at spots surrounding the picturesque lake. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with another free show at The Virgil. This time they’ll also showcase live animated improv for the first time. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Lula Washington Dance Theatre celebrates the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at The Wallis with three different programs of dance over the holiday weekend (January 11 – January 13.)
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to Foodie Con 2018 at The Reef in DTLA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.