You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Sunday, January 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Fusing the world of anime and video games, Anime Impulse happening January 13-14 will feature celebrity appearances, esports, artist alleys, Kawaii fashion, and cosplay, all at the Fairplex in Pomona.
2. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg returns with a grand re-opening for their first food market of 2018.
3. [10:30 a.m.] This weekend The Record Parlour is hosting free vinyl days on both Saturday and Sunday. Spend $20 and you get to take home 100 records for free. Bringing your own box or bag is recommended!
4. [11 a.m.] The annual Happy Birthday Marion! event returns to celebrate the popular silent-era film actress with a fabulous vintage style party at the Annenberg Community Beach House. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show comes to Los Angeles Convention Center January 10 – 14 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience of the year. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [noon] The Wallis in Beverly Hills will host “Dance Sundays” with famed actress/dancer/choreographer Debbie Allen. Suitable for the whole family, each month will feature a special dance theme, this month it’s Flamenco. FREE
7. [1 p.m.] Enjoy unlimited tastings of specialty and limited-edition beers during DTLA Breweries United Fest ’18. Taking place at Triangle Lot the brew-centric event proceeds will go directly to non-profit Keep A Breast.
8. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
9. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
10. [various.] Free admission at: Museum of Latin American Art, USC Pacific Asian Museum (11 am. to 5 p.m.) and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can).
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to Foodie Con 2018 at The Reef in DTLA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.