You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, January 13, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 14, 2019 to Jan. 20, 2020 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience. A wide variety of events will take place throughout the duration of the rink.
2. [2 p.m.] Monday Matinees: Misery in 35mm at The New Beverly Cinema.
3. [4 p.m.] Mindful Monday: Cultivating Empathy and Connectedness at LACMA engages guests with mindfulness exercises in relation to the exhibition Betye Saar: Call and Response followed by activities designed to foster deep conversations. Free, but online ticket required. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Railroad Heritage Foundation’s is hosting a “Big Top” celebration for its new circus train exhibit at Philippe the Original French Dip Restaurant in DTLA. Cost is $30 and includes dinner.
5. [7 p.m.] Head to The Standard for Not Your Standard Bingo, hosted by Maebe A. Girl and Indica Sativa from 7-10 p.m.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Geeks Who Drink stops by Hamburger Mary’s at 7:30 p.m. for a rowdy pub quiz night. No cover if required.
7. [9 p.m.] The Pack Theatre in Hollywood presents The Inclusivity Improv Jam a monthly show featuring marginalized players in the improv community. Happening every second Monday of the month, the show brings in secret special guests and is hosted by Tiffany Aleman, Fernando A Funes and Royce Shockley.
8. [9 p.m.] Jazz Eclectic Night at Riviera 31 inside the Sofitel Beverly Hills Hotel. FREE
9. [9:30 p.m.] Live Salsa at the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach. No cover.
10. [10 p.m.] House Party Mondays at The Dime on Fairfax featuring DJ R-Tistic. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Chamber Music and Wine Tasting at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)