You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host an Outdoor Voices sample sale at their Beverly Hills location January 14-19. Shop women’s athleisure, athletic apparel, and accessories at prices below retail.
2. [11:30 a.m.] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 14, 2019 to Jan. 20, 2020 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience. A wide variety of events will take place throughout the duration of the rink.
3. [1:30 p.m.] The Skirball hosts Tuesday afternoon movie screenings that showcase diverse human stories from around the world. This week they’ll screen All the President’s Men.
4. [5 p.m.] January Democratic Presidential Debate Viewing Party at The Association in DTLA. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Escuela de Mezcal (Mezcal School) at Bar Calo in Echo Park is an opportunity for guests to discover, learn and taste different mezcals. Happening every Tuesday a different mezcal brand will be featured at half-off from 6-9 p.m.
6. [6 p.m.] Talking Circle hosted by Indigenous Wellness Collective at Los Angeles River Center Gardens. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party hosted at Solidarity in Santa Monica.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Trump vs Bernie 2020, a comedy performance at Lodge Room.
9. [8 p.m.] The LA Phil’s performance of compositions by Russian Romantics will be preceded by a complimentary wine reception at 6:30 p.m.
10. [various] Free museum day at Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry National Center of the American West.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Chamber Music and Wine Tasting at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)