You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] NELA Tiki Tuesday at Sonny’s Hideaway in Highland Park.
2. [5 p.m.] BONES UK comes to Amoeba Hollywood for a live performance promoting their Grammy-nominated self-titled release, and their new Unplugged vinyl EP. The acoustic set will be followed by an album signing afterwards. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Escuela de Mezcal (Mezcal School) at Bar Calo in Echo Park is an opportunity for guests to discover, learn and taste different mezcals. Happening every Tuesday a different mezcal brand will be featured at half-off from 6-9 p.m.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Tony Darts Away in Burbank host Bingo Night. Prizes include pints, swag and bottles. Free to play.
5. [7 p.m.] The acclaimed story telling series The Moth featuring true stories told by people in front of a live audience takes over Los Globos in Silver Lake this Tuesday.
6. [7 p.m.] The longest running punk cabaret variety show Alter Ego-Vaudeville Surreal from New York stops by Los Angeles at ArtBarLA in Mar Vista. The night will be filled with comedy, music, burlesque, fire dancers, performance art and more.
7. [7 p.m.] Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin will perform a live version of their Fatman Beyond podcast this Tuesday at Scum & Villainy Cantina. Tickets for $25 and there is a $20 minimum bar purchase.
8. [11 p.m.] Heavy Heavy Low Low is a weekly late-night comedy show in the backroom of Bar Lubitsch in West Hollywood. FREE
9. [various] Free admission day at Los Angeles County Arboretum (Advance tickets for the free day are now required. These are available online starting on the first of the month. Also note the tram does not run on the free day), South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens (Advance online reservations required)
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA*(via Goldstar)