You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 24, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Oscar Oiwa: Dreams of a Sleeping World continues on view at the USC Pacific Asia in Pasadena through April 26.
2. [4 p.m.] Meet skilled tattoo artists from around the world during the Golden State Tattoo Expo taking place all weekend at the Pasadena Convention Center.
3. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Drunk Yoga comes to the rooftop of the Hotel Erwin in Venice Beach for four days of namaste shenanigans. Each session includes a pre-class happy hour, 45 minute yoga and a post flow “wine down”. Classes are beginner-friendly. Bring your own mat.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer with the UCLA Film & Television Archive presents a film screening of Ang Lee’s romantic comedy The Wedding Banquet.
6. [8 p.m.] This Friday evening La Collectionneuse and Bob Baker Marionette Theater present Strange Soiree #2, an evening of shorts, puppets and music.
7. [9 p.m.] Comedians Cinema Club will recreate Labyrinth live onstage while drunk (or maybe high) at UCB Sunset in Hollywood.
8. [9 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Playa Vista this Friday with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB! Get tickets for Friday’s performance here.
9. [various] Take advantage of specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations during Dine Alhambra Restaurant happening January 24-31.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA (via Goldstar)