You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Thursday, January 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 featuring established and emerging galleries from around the world, with a strong focus on Los Angeles galleries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
2. [7 p.m.] St. Vincent brings the Fear The Future Tour to the Hollywood Palladium.
3. [7 & 9 p.m.] The Broad presents two performances by artist Ron Athey and composer Sean Griffin titled Gifts of the Spirit: Prophecy, Automatism and Discernment. Taking place at the Vibiana in Downtown LA the performance will explore themes of self obliteration and infinity.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Wallis, in conjunction with the Arturo Sandoval Institute, present a four-night musical celebration curated by American jazz legend Arturo Sandoval from January 25 through January 28. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [7:30 p.m.] Poetry Deathmath Cabaret at the Bootleg Theater.
6. [8 p.m.] Story Collider a podcast that tells true personal stories about science will host a live storytelling show at Lyric Hyperion.
7. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
8. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
9. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 22-28
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for CoffeeCon LA 2018 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.