You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendly exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The Indie Beauty Expo Los Angeles 2018 heads to the California Market Center for a day of exploring the latest beauty products, top indie beauty brands and shopping directly from the makers.
3. [7 p.m.] Team SoCal are heading to Angel City Brewery for Plant Nite a succulent D.I.Y. event where guest get to create their own terrariums.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Part comedy show, beauty pageant and live music event, The Comedy Pageant features Maria Bamford, Chris Fairbanks, Joshy Fadem, Carlie and Doni in a comedy show happening at The Virgil this Wednesday. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison.
6. [8:30 p.m.] The Ringer Presents: High School Football, A Very Special Binge Mode + Rewatchables Episode at Largo.
7. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with Echodelic DJs at Echoplex. FREE
8. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
9. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 22-28
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for CoffeeCon LA 2018 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.