You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Friday, January 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 featuring established and emerging galleries from around the world, with a strong focus on Los Angeles galleries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
2. [2 p.m.] stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28) will house works from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces for a one-of-a-kind immersive art fair. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
3. [4 p.m.] Golden State Tattoo Expo in Pasadena.
4. [7 p.m.] Chuck Wagons: The First Food Trucks is a new tasting event coming to The Autry this Friday. Get a taste of traditional 1880s chuck wagon cuisine of the Old West, then experience updated versions from contemporary chefs. Tickets include plates from multiple food stations, access to the galleries and garden, and presentations by chefs and food history experts.
5. [7 p.m.] Grand opening for Neon Retro Arcade 2.0 in Northridge.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Wallis, in conjunction with the Arturo Sandoval Institute, present a four-night musical celebration curated by American jazz legend Arturo Sandoval from January 25 through January 28. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
7. [7:30 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy presents a free stargazing and panel event focused on The Milky Way’s collision course with Andromeda. No reservations are needed, the lecture is 30 minutes long and stargazing lasts 90 minutes. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Dance The Odyssey Theatre is a month-long celebration of the art form. This weekend the theatre will present the L.A. Contemporary Dance Company in “Rift.”
9. [10 p.m.] Selena Night at the Echoplex.
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) wraps up with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to Into the Woods at the Cupcake Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.