Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-do list includes Night on Broadway, a massive museum free-for-all, the Dodgers FanFest , and much more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$10] Grand opening for Neon Retro Arcade 2.0 in Northridge. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] Caltech Astronomy presents a free stargazing and panel event focused on The Milky Way’s crash course with Andromeda. No reservations are needed, the lecture is 30 minutes long and stargazing lasts 90 minutes. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Night on Broadway the annual community event is back with another year of live performances hosted at some of L.A.’s most historic theaters. Musical guests include the B-52s, WAR and more. SATURDAY
4. [FREE] The DTLA PROUD Block Party 2018 comes to the Broadway Theater District for its second annual celebration of Los Angeles’ diverse LGBTQ+ community. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Come help the Hammer Museum celebrate their newest winter exhibitions with an opening-night party featuring live music and a bar. Attendees will have access to new exhibits by Barbara Kruger, Charles Atlas and Kara Walker. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Dodgers FanFest at Dodger Stadium. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Lunar New Year Celebration at The Grove and Original Farmers Market. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28) will house works from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces for a one-of-a-kind immersive art fair. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Chuck Wagons: The First Food Trucks is a new tasting event coming to The Autry this Friday. Get a taste of traditional 1880s chuck wagon cuisine of the Old West, then experience updated versions from contemporary chefs. FRIDAY
- Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 . FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- The second annual L.A. Beer and Food Festival returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake with 50 independent craft brewers and complimentary bites from favorite local restaurants and purveyors of fine foods. SATURDAY
- Uncorked Wine Festival is headed back to the iconic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles with over 150 wines, gourmet food and live entertainment. SATURDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.