You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Saturday, January 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 featuring established and emerging galleries from around the world, with a strong focus on Los Angeles galleries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
2. [noon] stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28) will house works from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces for a one-of-a-kind immersive art fair. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
3. [noon] Golden State Tattoo Expo in Pasadena.
4. [3 p.m.] Night on Broadway the annual community event is back with another year of live performances hosted at some of L.A.’s most historic theaters. Musical guests include the B-52s, WAR and more. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] The second annual L.A. Beer and Food Festival returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake with 50 independent craft brewers and complimentary bites from favorite local restaurants and purveyors of fine foods.
8. [5 p.m.] Uncorked Wine Festival is headed back to the iconic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles with over 150 wines, gourmet food and live entertainment.
9. [5 p.m.] There’s a Rick and Morty Pub Crawl happening in Long Beach this Saturday. Hundreds of Ricks and Mortys will gather in downtown Long Beach to drink the night away!
10. [7 p.m.] The first ticketed event of 2018 at the recently revived Miracle Theater in Inglewood will be The Rent Party Musical Revue starring Parlor Social. Organizers bill the show as a “Harlem Renaiissance retrofuturistic jubilee musical revue” featuring skits, a DJ, tap dancers, and more. Tickets are $15, or $10 if you can show I.D. with an Inglewood zip code.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Wallis, in conjunction with the Arturo Sandoval Institute, present a four-night musical celebration curated by American jazz legend Arturo Sandoval from January 25 through January 28. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
7. [8 p.m.] Come help the Hammer Museum celebrate their newest winter exhibitions with an opening-night party featuring live music and a bar. Attendees will have access to new exhibits by Barbara Kruger, Charles Atlas and Kara Walker. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $45 tix to see STOMP at the Hollywood Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.