You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Sunday, January 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Pickwick Vintage Show comes to Pickwick Gardens in Burbank for a huge shopping event featuring vintage collections spanning all eras.
3. [10 a.m.] Pasadena Comic Con is coming to the Pasadena Convention Center on Sunday for a special day of cosplay and art featuring more than 75 comic book and toy vendors along with artists, creators and celebrity guests.
4. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the international contemporary art fair of the West Coast, returns to Santa Monic’s Barker Hangar from January 25-28 featuring established and emerging galleries from around the world, with a strong focus on Los Angeles galleries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [noon] stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28) will house works from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces for a one-of-a-kind immersive art fair. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
6. [noon] Golden State Tattoo Expo in Pasadena.
7. [2 p.m.] Get an insider look into the fascinating history of North Hollywood during the “NoHo” Historic Walking Tour, presented by The Museum of the San Fernando Valley. You’ll learn about real cowboys, pioneer families, the Spanish conquest, Mexican ranchos, great steam trains and more.
8. [7 p.m.] La Hoja Winter Wine Dinner hosted by Chef Luke Reyes of DTLA’s La Hoja and Guest Chef Joel David Miller of The Wallace will take diners on an elevated culinary experience when they add a natural wine pairing and the ingredient of the night, cannabis to the mix.
9. [7:30 p.m.] The Wallis, in conjunction with the Arturo Sandoval Institute, present a four-night musical celebration curated by American jazz legend Arturo Sandoval from January 25 through January 28. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
10. [various.] The SoCal Museum Free-For-All will have 30+ museums offering free admission throughout greater Southern California. Participants this year include many locations that are not normally free such as the Natural History Museum, LACMA, and the GRAMMY Museum. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to CoffeeCon LA 2018 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.