You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, January 26, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Checkout over 200 antique and specialty sellers during the Torrance Antique Street Faire. The fair also features an antique appraisal booth and live musical entertainment. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] There’s a docent led nature walk in Topanga State Park from 10 a.m. to noon with a trained natural ecologist. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Get a taste of old Hollywood at the Annenberg Community Beach House during Happy Birthday Marion, a free event that celebrates actress Marion Davies’ 123rd birthday. FREE
4. [noon] Meet skilled tattoo artists from around the world during the Golden State Tattoo Expo taking place all weekend at the Pasadena Convention Center.
5. [1 p.m.] Donut Fest LA takes over Indie Brewing Company with donut sampling, beer, contests, swag and more.
6. [1 p.m.] Drunk Yoga comes to the rooftop of the Hotel Erwin in Venice Beach for four days of namaste shenanigans. Each session includes a pre-class happy hour, 45 minute yoga and a post flow “wine down”. Classes are beginner-friendly. Bring your own mat.
7. [2 p.m.] The Original Farmers Market will host a Lunar New Year celebration with cultural entertainment that includes a chalk art presentation, balloon twister, dragon puppet craft station, Chinese calligraphy, lion dances, a Kung Fu demonstration, a performance by local illusionist Joseph Tran and “Lucky 8” specials on food and merchandise.
8. [8:30 p.m.] The 19th Annual 50 Hour Drive-by Theatre Festival is a three day fest (January 25-27) of new plays performed at LA’s most interesting NOHO theatre, Zombie Joe’s Underground.
9. [various] 9th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 26-31.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA (via Goldstar)